Skip to main content

Embroidered together


Those of you that know me know that my daughter has been dealing with a health issue that has been healing over a period of time. For the last ten days I have been in the hospital with her, staying by her side as she receives needed medical attention. This is the first time one of our family has required medical care of this nature and for this many days. It has been and continues to be a journey that has totally changed my perspective of life.

Psalm 139:15,16 Amplified Bible
My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret and intricately and curiously wrought (as if embroidered with various colors) in the depths of the earth (a region of darkness and mystery.)
Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days (of my life) were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there were none of them.

Our physical bodies are a masterpiece of harmonious blends. We are intricately embroidered together by our loving heavenly Father. When one part becomes unbalanced, it affects so many other parts. The medical care givers in the hospital have the awesome responsibility to restore the balances. Of course, it is God that heals, and I know that He designed our bodies to heal themselves. I also have seen that it is sometimes a blend of natural healing and medical know-how that brings to pass the healing.
Thank you so much for all your prayers. Morgan is, as always, beautiful, peaceful, and excited to be feeling better and stronger every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Line-up

 Look what's coming up in the new year! First up: Artful Journaling. Guests will receive a blank journal of watercolor paper, access to all kinds of art supplies, with limited instruction and demos. Snacks, coffee and lots of laughter will be provided.  Next up: Relax, Unwind & Refresh. Great way to start off the new year! Guests will be making a frameable art piece at the table with friends. Wine, sparkling cider and charcuterie board will be provided. Also this month: Art Class, every Thursday afternoon from 1-3 PM. Bring your own artwork in progress or join in the group project. Coffee and snacks, limited instruction and plenty of camaraderie will be provided.   Register here  for any classes or events. See you soon!

Visual harmony

One way visual harmony is achieved is by use of color. Colors harmonize when they are similar to one another, either in their tone, tint,  or hue. Even contrasting colors harmonize with each other when they are balanced by size, shape, direction, line or texture. My lovely client came into my booth wearing a fuschia scarf with a geometric pattern. We found earrings to harmonize her look. The earrings are similar in color and line.  How do you think we did? What would you do differently? To see more jewelry pieces that harmonize, go to sandyartparts.etsy.com                                                                        

Big News!

      For awhile now I have been thinking about sustainability with my work.  As in, how long can I honestly sustain this pace of doing art shows all over the midwest? Which I love, mind you, BUT. You may not know this but I'm not getting any younger! The gamble with shows is that, even with the best preparations, it may not be worth all the trouble. It could be a great show, with sales non-stop, or the opposite, with barely enough to cover expenses. And whether great, good or bad, it still requires the same immense energy. Not to mention gas, lodging and food. I am not complaining; I've had a pretty good show season. That being said, I have been thinking alot about sustainability.        I'm also thinking ahead about the daily routine of going out to the studio (which I love) and starting the  fire in the woodstove  (also love) and then waiting the hours it takes to get it warm enough to work.  Add to that how the groundhogs have m...