Skip to main content

Taking it on the road







      I always tell folks when they purchase a kit from me to send me a picture of the finished earrings and I will post it on my blog. I even tell people that they will be FAMOUS!! ( to all 5 people who read my blog!) So occasionally I get pictures of the earrings that are made from the kits. Here is the latest entry, and here’s the story of the artist: 


           


      This past June I was set up at the Old Mill Festival in Noblesville, Indiana. Across from my booth was a very cute, very old school camper that was artfully decked out and looked inviting. I had to go check it out. What I found was two lovely ladies that have taken their passion for art and their love for teaching on the road. 

Look at what they’re doing!!

      How fun is that?! I want to take one of their classes just so I can hang out in the cool camper with kids! 

     I love that one of the ladies made earrings from one of my kits, and that she only used a little bit of the stuff in the kit. I wonder what she will do with the rest....

       Want to make some earrings for yourself? Feel free to 
visit my shop  here. And by the way, you don’t have to be a traveling gypsy artist to make the earrings; they come with a link to a video that shows you how to make them. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big News!

      For awhile now I have been thinking about sustainability with my work.  As in, how long can I honestly sustain this pace of doing art shows all over the midwest? Which I love, mind you, BUT. You may not know this but I'm not getting any younger! The gamble with shows is that, even with the best preparations, it may not be worth all the trouble. It could be a great show, with sales non-stop, or the opposite, with barely enough to cover expenses. And whether great, good or bad, it still requires the same immense energy. Not to mention gas, lodging and food. I am not complaining; I've had a pretty good show season. That being said, I have been thinking alot about sustainability.        I'm also thinking ahead about the daily routine of going out to the studio (which I love) and starting the  fire in the woodstove  (also love) and then waiting the hours it takes to get it warm enough to work.  Add to that how the groundhogs have m...

January Line-up

 Look what's coming up in the new year! First up: Artful Journaling. Guests will receive a blank journal of watercolor paper, access to all kinds of art supplies, with limited instruction and demos. Snacks, coffee and lots of laughter will be provided.  Next up: Relax, Unwind & Refresh. Great way to start off the new year! Guests will be making a frameable art piece at the table with friends. Wine, sparkling cider and charcuterie board will be provided. Also this month: Art Class, every Thursday afternoon from 1-3 PM. Bring your own artwork in progress or join in the group project. Coffee and snacks, limited instruction and plenty of camaraderie will be provided.   Register here  for any classes or events. See you soon!

Harmonious Blends and other musings

       So what makes it a harmonious blend?      Harmony is a combination of units which are similar in one or more respects. Units are harmonious when one or more of their elements or qualities, such as shape, size, or color, are alike.      In this sketch, done by my husband in preparation for a painting commission of a Chilean vineyard, I am struck by the harmonious blend of the directional lines that lead the eye through the painting. Design in art is not random, it is planned by the use of the elements of design, such as line tone, color and form. In this drawing, the lines of the vineyard rows lead the eye of the viewer toward the distance and then back toward the front. Harmony is achieved by the variegated, yet similar, lines that form the rows of planted vines.       In 2019, I am going to explore all aspects of visual harmony. Whether it is fashion, art jewelry design, mixed media, or just different asp...