So here’s a new perspective on harmonious blends and other musings....
I have been eagerly anticipating my first batch of fresh salsa ever since planting my garden, with the help of my daughters in law back in late May.
Here’s how it started in the Spring.
And after several weeks, this.
During the time of my salsa garden growing, so much LIFE has happened:
- I have had three successful art shows
- I have celebrated another birthday with my friends
- My husband and I have celebrated our 39th anniversary
- My mother in law moved back in with us after a year in nursing care, then became ill and went to the hospital
- I have now lost my mother in law
- I learned how to operate a Scag zero turn mower (which is fun)
- A dear friend in my bible study fellowship who was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer four years ago has announced that she is now cancer free!
By August my sturdy bamboo supports had become like toothpicks, unable to bear the weight of the harvest. We had to provide sturdier stakes to support the bountiful crop of tomatoes.
It’s been so satisfying to watch LIFE grow! Only one thing could be more satisfying: to EAT of the fruit of the garden!!
So, in honor of celebrating LIFE:
Here’s my salsa recipe: (sorry, no specific quantities- just make it a harmonious blend!)
red ripe tomatoes
Extra virgin love oil
salt and pepper
Put it all together and....